Friday, May 31, 2013

Last day of May

I thought I would get in one more post while it's still May. I hoped to write while I was at the 15th Annual Okanagan Knitters' Retreat in Sorrento last weekend, but I just didn't get the chance. It was a wonderful weekend however. I focused my photography efforts on the flowers and shrubs, looking for interesting colour combinations. Maybe I can play around with the colours in future art projects.

We also discovered Quilchena when we took the 5A instead of the Coquihalla between Merritt and Kamloops. It was a lovely drive, and the old hotel and general store are wonderful.


I even bought a dress at the general store - made in Canada!


There was a great erratic boulder in the hotel garden.


The rest of these photos were taken on the grounds of the Sorrento Centre.



I learned that this beautiful tree is a sunburst locust.











This huge bumblebee appeared to be having a break - it didn't move for the longest time...


while this honeybee was busy as a ...


This was the view from my bedroom window.


I hope you have a wonderful month of June, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment