Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A good book

I just love it when I come across a great read. It's even better when the author has written other books as well, especially about the same character. My friend and I were discussing good books recently and she asked whether I'd read Laurie R. King. Well, I hadn't, but immediately queued up at the library for The Beekeeper's Apprentice. I'm now devouring the book and I love the main character and the premise. The idea is that Sherlock Holmes was a real person, and that in his fifties he meets a fifteen-year-old young woman who is as observant and sharp-witted as he is. The story takes off from there and I'm finding it compelling. It seems that I am now a reader of mystery novels. I didn't used to be, but I guess I hadn't come across the right authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment